Thursday 22 January 2015

Introduction



Hello to the blogging world from me, The Bearded Baker. I'm called The Bearded Baker because I have a beard and I enjoy baking. Not obvious I know. I don't just enjoy baking - I love to cook and have worked in the food industry for a little while, but I'm a fan of alliteration so I went for baker.

This blog is intended for folk that are interested in, live and breathe for and love food. There is a fantastic culinary scene here - in Edinburgh - which I wish to explore further and, if possible, add to. This culture in the Scottish Capital is still relatively young and largely untapped by most, it has been a metaphorical explosion of independent restaurants, artisan cafés and gastro-pubs that are run by people that really understand good food and have the ability to provide this to the general public. Local produce usage has flourished - gone are the days when you would want your ingredients from exotic and exciting locations - we now want it local and fresh, from 'just doon the road', an aspect to be proud of in Scotland. I'm here to promote and demonstrate this fact, through this simple blog.

The attitude towards food has changed amongst Edinburgh locals.


So call here for recipes, reviews and general food talk based upon local produce. I'm bound to have lots of pretty pictures of food too so at least come for that.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment: